Thursday, April 25, 2013

Poppy Seed Chicken

When my mom died several years ago, a church member brought this casserole for our dinner. I had never heard of it before; from the number of recipes for this on the web it seems to me that everyone has tried this. Yummy for dinner or to give to a sick friend!  Enjoy!


1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
16 ounces sour cream
60 Ritz crackers, crushed (I used 1/3 less crackers )
1 tablespoon poppy seed
1/2 cup butter, melted (I used 6 T instead)
Directions:

1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
2 Place chicken in a pan and cover with water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender and no longer pink(about 10 minutes). Once cool enough cut into bite size pieces(I use my electric knife).
3 Mix two cans of soup with sour cream in a 13X9 inch rectangular pan. Sprinkle the chicken over the soup mixture.
Place Ritz crackers in a plastic bag and gently crush them. Add poppy seeds and shake to combine and then pour melted butter over the crackers and shake again. Sprinkle cracker mixture over the chicken.
5 Bake for 30-40 minutes until it begins to bubble around edges and the crackers are golden brown.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment